Well, Max lived up to his name- coming in at 9 pounds 10 ounces. I should have know what naming a child "Rush" could possibly bring! Rush was scheduled to come on October 19 by c-section, that was a Tuesday. I'd planned to go to work that Monday, but decided at the last minute to stay home. I also decided to take Max to the babysitter for a couple of hours to have some time to get things ready. That was at 8:00 am. At 8:20 my water broke. I was so confused. I was scheduled for a repeat c-section the next day!! Today was my day off! I started panicking thinking of all the "what ifs". What if I had gone to school? What if I hadn't taken Max to the sitter? What if I had this baby at home?! I wasn't even sure who to call, so I called Jared. Then the doctor. Then my parents. They both came rushing over, like there was anything they could do, I guessed catch the baby because by 10 minutes later I was having some serious contractions, even though I was convincing myself they weren't really contractions because I was SCHEDULED for a c-section! Jared made it home and we went flying to Little Rock. When we got to Labor and Delivery, the nurse asked how far apart my contractions were, I told her I didn't know, I was supposed to have a c-section! Well, the reality was they were about 5 minutes apart and coming strong! They called my doctor, who thought she wrote the date down wrong, and we got things moving!
Max made it just in time! So did the grandparents and Uncle Jordan. Everyone was in a tizzy!
Our little family about to change forever! Can you tell how excited Max was?!
I LOVE this shot of Rush's little hand!
SO, in the end, the surgery went well and Rush came about an hour after arriving at the hospital. My doctor told me afterwards that his "rushing" to arrive a day early was a blessing because I had had a placental abruption. Thank you God that everything works according to Your plan, not Brooke Neufer's!

Proud Big Brother Max

Rush Emerson Neufer
October 18, 2010
8 pounds 11 ounces, 20 1/2 inches
Daddy pretending he knew how to put the baby in the car. Mommy took a picture, then got the job done herself!
Ready to go home! It was a beautiful day, and we were all ready to get home and begin life as a family of four! Look at that face!


No comments:
Post a Comment